Sunday, January 20, 2019


Vintage Machine # 2.

After researching these awesome little machines for awhile, I decided I wanted a black one because I think they are actually prettier than the white ones, because of the nice gold decal details.   So I posted this on Facebook :
"I have my cool white one but now I really want a black one!  If any of you ever see a black Singer Featherweight for sale, please let me know!"

Within an hour, my friend Sandi sent me this text message with some pictures.

"This belonged to my grandma, not sure if this is what you are looking for.

I can show it to you if you are interested!  I have not used it. My mom had it and she used it a lot.  She is cleaning things out and gave it to me.  I was going to put it on eBay but I couldn’t believe when I saw your post on FB.  I rarely get on anymore.

And sure enough, it was a featherweight!
So – meet Verna. Named after Sandi's grandmother.




I have used this beauty for piecing quilt tops and she sews beautifully!

No comments: